Wednesday 9 November 2011

The Seeds of Bavarchi-ism


The joy one experiences from cooking a meal and then having your family and friends enjoy it beats the joy from any corporate job for me. Bold words from a fresh graduate who only just recently walked the corridors of a reputable business school, but I stand by them and I always will.

Everything about food fascinates me, right from the ingredients to the processes and then the final product. The ability to transform a few basic ingredients into something that has the capability to ‘wow’ someone takes my breath away. As a kid I spent a lot of time in the kitchen watching my mother and grandmother cook. Amidst a barrage of memories, I distinctly remember all the times I would incessantly ask them to allow me to chop vegetables or light the stove or whatever little thing there was to do in the kitchen. I was always very enthusiastic about being in the kitchen and getting involved in all the cooking that went on. I firmly believe that all I am doing now and aspire to do in the future is a result of just that.

What I love about food is the fact that it is an art that engages all the senses, and my passion to cook stems from just that. From the sound of spluttering oil to the awesome fragrance of fresh herbs, from the divine feeling of a tender undercut piece of beef to the aesthetics and taste of a Michelin star dish. They all act as individual pieces to the ultimate culinary jigsaw puzzle. I am eager to learn about food and work with food. If given the chance, for once I will be at a place where I will be learning new things not because I have to, but because I want to. I grew up watching the likes of Jamie Oliver, James Martin, Michael Smith and many more and for me to emulate what they do in the kitchen would not only be an absolute honour, but also something out of my wildest dreams…and when I actually get down to it, in the immortal words of my idol Jamie Oliver, happy days…

3 comments:

  1. finally!!!!
    best of luck carl! im sure ull make a great chef one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. carlisle i would like to know if u can teach me to make qorma

    ReplyDelete